Thursday, January 24, 2013

Morning Moments

I am normally a positive person and do all I can to encourage others, but of late I have found myself complaining.  We are told in Scripture to "give thanks in everything, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning us".  So, as I seach my heart, I have to ask where I got off track?  No one has to tell us when we are "off track" in our thinking because the Holy Spirit lives inside every believer, but sometimes we ignore the promptings of the Spirit and God will bring another person into our lives to speak to the issue.

Having been greatly disturbed at the Secular Progressive agenda that now seems to permeate our society, I have personally and publicly spoken out against it, which is my right as an American and as a man of God.  But THAT is not the problem!  The problem is when I fail to see the "bigger picture". It is when I fail to realize that just as God had authority over the rebellious and disobedient Jews in the Wilderness, He also has authority over this evil and pervert generation in which I find myself.

Moses' problem was not that he failed to speak and stand against that bunch of stiff necked, hard headed, and hard hearted people he was leading, but that it GOT TO HIM!  It told control of his heart, and that is the danger of living in the society we live in today.  No doubt, there is a time to speak and a time to be silent, but there is NEVER a time NOT TO BE THANKFUL!

Therein lies the problem for many of us Christians today.  Some fail to understand that GOD HATES, that GOD JUDGES, that GOD CHASTENS, that VENGENCE is the LORD'S and He will judge the world in RIGHTEOUSNESS!  He has "appointed a DAY in which He will JUDGE the world.  He is the RIGHTOUS JUDGE!  Judgment begins at the "household of God".

I am not saying that we are not to stand up and speak out appropriately, but I am saying that we can NEVER fail to be THANKFUL to God that "He is working it all together for good to those of us who love Him and look for His appearing."

The bottom line is that what is happening in our world has been told us in the Scripture and as God delivered "righteous Lot, who was vexed in his spirit day after day" God will deliver us IN HIS TIME.  Until that time, God has offered us the grace to be thankful and we MUST not receive the grace of God in vain.  WE MUST SPEAK TRUTH IN LOVE AND WITH A THANKFUL HEART!

No comments: